Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Wedding Memories 9.8.07

How fun is this blog hop? I love reading about other's weddings. It's such a joyful day in someones life. I love it. I could read about wedding for hours! I read about my twitter friends wedding and she told me about this blog hop. I loved the idea and here we are. Not exactly interior design related but possibly could be used for inspirations?

9.8.07

Our wedding was at 12:00 in the afternoon on a beautiful September day. My husband and I really enjoy cooler climates and a hot summer was not one of our desire so we went for September. We both love the beach and ocean and decided to have our wedding (with 100 of our closest friends and family) aboard a private yacht that went through the Newport Harbor. Some photos are from our photographer, some are from friends, and some are from the disposable cameras we had on all the tables for guests to take pictures from their view.


One of my favorite parts about having a wedding on a yacht....we didn't have to hire outside vendors or coordinate that stuff. We need with the yacht coordinator and just told her what we wanted within the vendors that they already partnered with. These vendors were great I might add. We met our DJ and photographer for the first time AT our wedding. Kinda crazy but it went so well, we loved them!

Cake - Cinderella Cake (who we now use for special events) www.cinderellacakes.com
Instead of freezing the top of our cake they gave us a brand new little wedding cake top for our anniversary just like the one we had :)

White roses, white calla lilies, and lavender calla lilies.
One of my amazing bridesmaids worked at a florist and did my bouquets and got me a great discount. How awesome is she?


We were married by a great guy, the pastor of Mike's old church that has been a mentor for Mike. His name is also Mike and did an awesome job. We're at a different church these days but still keep in contact with this guy and his great family :)

dress by Alfred Angelo


Mike felt like the Brad Paisley song "She's Everything" was written about me and I just happened to find this awesome pair of yellow running shoes and wore those during our first dance. If you don't understand the connection, go look up the lyrics.


I loved our photographer, he took these great shots of Mike and I love!
Photographer - Kip Roof www.kiproof.com

Sealed with a Kiss! A wonderful start to living life with my best friend who makes me laugh every single day through lifes ups and downs, I'm so happy to experience it all with him. I truely feel so blessed.



7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wedding you had! Your dress was gorgeous, and how cool that it was on a yacht! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat! A wedding on a yacht! Looks like a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband used the lyrics from Shes Everything in his wedding vows to me! First time reading your blog and I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures, you are absolutely glowing. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mommy gets seasick really easily, so a wedding on a yacht would not have been a good idea - but yours looks lovely! That cake is gorgeous and we love that sealed with a kiss picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the kind comments!

    Charlotte Anne - Thats so sweet and what a cute idea. I love that song :)

    Cole - the boat goes pretty slow and it's in the harbor so you really don't feel it moving. On that note, my niece was one of our two flower girls and she also gets seasick easily so we planned ahead and are thankful for Dramamine LOL

    Thanks again for all the comments!
    I love this blog hop, its so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Any Thoughts?