Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Goals

Summer

I’ve seen a few of my fellow blogger friends do this and it seems like a great idea. I’m one of those people that like to list things out so that I can check them off. That and the fact that I often forget the things I wanted to do. With today being the first day of summer, I thought this would be the perfect time to plan some fun events that I always talk about doing and never seem to get to..


The street view walking to our car from Disneyland

  • go on the architectural tour when we go to Chicago
  • take a funny face picture of the nieces when we go to Michigan
  • take a full family photo when we go to Michigan
  • dance at a summer wedding
  • go to the dog beach (maybe a few times)
  • go to Disneyland just for the fireworks
  • go to the animation class at California Adventure 5 times
  • save for a kayak
  • tweet up with Chicago Twitter friends
  • walk around the Queen Mary, possibly take a tour (beautiful Art Deco interiors)
  • host at least 2 game nights
  • bike ride to Huntington Beach
  • ride the AquaBus and walk around Shoreline Village
  • ride a water bike
  • go through our closet and find clothes and other items to donate
  • go to the Belmont Brewery
  • start refurbishing the alley chair
  • girls day at the spa
  • have a sunset picnic at the beach
  • make a summer mixed drink
  • try at least 5 of the gazillion recipes I haven’t tried
  • walk around downtown Fullerton
  • tour the Gamble House by Greene & Greene in Pasadena (Arts & Crafts)
  • walk up Signal Hill and back down it
  • walk to the local farmers market


A lot of these things are local activities. So often we don’t get to experience the great things that are right in our backyards. Living in Southern California, we’ve been blessed with some pretty amazing weather. I want to take advantage of these blessings.

Do you have a similar list or any fun summer plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any Thoughts?